Natalie Portman Shares Her Own Experiences With Harassment and Sexism: ‘I Have 100 Stories’https://t.co/FG7Waxsl1L pic.twitter.com/7Q9Y4JWaos
— IndieWire (@IndieWire) 20 de noviembre de 2017
– She says she’s never been assaulted but has faced discrimination and harassment, she realizes this upon reflection since those are things often considered just part of the process.
– She was 11 years old when she was cast in “Léon: The Professional”, after that she was called “Lolita” and similar stuff in reviews and that scared her so, for a while, she didn’t want to do any kissing and sexual scenes.
– She considers the lack of women on set is a big issue since it isolates women and prevents them from sharing stories and mentorship.
– A producer invited her to fly with him in his private plane, but when she was aboard there was only one bed. She was unharmed but scared.
– A male director yelled at her and called her “exhausting” for expressing her opinions. A male actor stood up for her and pointed out that she was just talking like he had done, yet they listened to him.
(Sorry if the paraphrasing is awkward, English isn’t my first language)