23-year-old Grace* went out with Aziz Ansari in September. Afterwards she said she felt "violated" and described it as "one of the worst experiences she's had with a man." Read the full story on https://t.co/FyMMG6uO1j. https://t.co/7nT4jO0Iqr
— babe (@babedotnet) January 14, 2018
A woman, named Grace in the Babe.net article, has come forward with details of sexual assault regarding Aziz Ansari.
- Grace and Ansari met at the 2017 Emmy Awards after-party in September. They connected about the 80s cameras they both brought to the event.
- They took pictures of each other and Grace gave Ansari her number before leaving. The next day, he messaged her and they planned a date for Monday, September 25.
- The date didn’t go as planned. The night would end with Grace in an Uber home, in tears, messaging her friends about how Ansari behaved.
- After dinner, they went back to Ansari’s apartment. Grace says Ansari was quick to undress her and then himself. She said he repeatedly pulled her hand towards his privates multiple times throughout the night and “kept doing it after I moved it away.”
- She says she used verbal and non-verbal cues to indicate how uncomfortable and distressed she was. “Most of my discomfort was expressed in me pulling away and mumbling. I know that my hand stopped moving at some points.”
- The next day Grace messaged Ansari telling him how uncomfortable he made her feel, saying he “ignored clear verbal clues” and “kept going with advances.” She explains: “I want to make sure you’re aware so maybe the next girl doesn’t have to cry on the ride home.”
- The next time Grace saw Ansari was when she watched him at the Golden Globes, where he declared his support for the fight against sexual assault and harassment by wearing a “Time’s Up” pin on the red carpet.
Source: Babe.net, Tweet
also s/o to notyeezy’s comment. this is awful. the article is very graphic so please be careful when reading!